Collection, Storage and Use of your Personal Information
We collect your personal information directly from you. Personal information may include all or some of the following; your name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es).
This information is stored in electronic files that are held on Google cloud storage. We use your personal information to:
• Administer your membership, such as advising you of an AGM;
• Help us to respond to any queries; and
• Send you newsletters and updates about ADT activities, aims and objectives either by post or by email if you have provided us with an email address.
We will not share your personal information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Holding your personal information
We will hold your personal information for as long as you are a member. If, and when, your membership ends, we will keep your name only on a list of ex Members as part of our historical archives. Your membership application form and any other personal information will be deleted and/or destroyed.
Under the Data Protection Act we must advise you of your rights under the Act you have the right to:
• Request to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information;
• Request to erase your personal information (i.e. if you terminate your membership);
• Request to see personal information we hold about you; and
• Request for inaccurate personal information to be corrected.
Your personal information is held on servers based in the EU. However, when sending out bulk email we may use a third party (Mailchimp) who will temporarily store your personal information on servers outside the European Economic Area. Mailchimp operate under the EU-US Privacy Sheild and Swiss EE-US Privacy Shield regimes to allow personal information to be transferred lawfully between the EU/EEA and the US. For more information about Mailchimp please visit their website: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
To find out more about your information rights please visit the website of the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk